Listen with Love. Speak with Love. Act with Love.

May 29, 2013

WEDDING

Having a fairly large italian wedding is a beautiful thing. Walking into the venue at MY Bridal Shower, I started crying. It was the most overwhelming, unexpected feeling. All of these people are here for me? They are here to celebrate Benjamin and I becoming one? EVERYONE HERE IS FOR ME TODAY?!?! I am not a person that feels comfortable being the centre of attention.. so at first it was unnerving. Just think about it, sixty-eight women in one room. Hungry, hormonal, some menopausal, and others too young to know what menopause is! So where do I even begin? Once I finally got all the way to my seat, the decor was fantastic! Theme was Alice in Wonderland. So I had the most bad ass Alice in Wonderland cake, each table had a teapot filled with beautiful flowers and the games were a lot of fun too! So much effort and love put into an event for me. You might ask, well Birthdays are sort of the same thing.. WRONG. Your wedding first of all, is once in a lifetime. Also knowing, that each person cares about you to some extent or the other in that room- is staggering.  They are my family. You can't beat it. It is such a great feeling. Everyone before me that has had the whole, "get married" experience has told me, "Take it all in. Remember to breathe, it goes by so fast." They were right. Those 3 hours flew by in an instant. It makes me think of the BIG DAY. I don't want it to go fast. So I am trying to develop a sense of ease, relaxation and appreciation for everything around me . It is working. Focusing on today, instead of the past. Taking one day at a time! - My advice: (especially for those of you planning!) Stop thinking so frantically and sporadically about what is next. Trust me. Focus on the task at hand. It makes a big difference.

That day I felt an extreme amount of love. I will always be grateful for how I felt walking into that room.


"It's no use going back to yesterday, 
because I was a different person then."
`Alice

No comments: