Listen with Love. Speak with Love. Act with Love.

September 23, 2013

Naples, Italy

We arrived in Naples August 3 to the open arms of my amazing aunt piña and her son Davide!! I was ecstatic to see them, and the rest of my family! With the anticipation of landing in Italy, I was filled with pure joy. It has been fifteen years since I was here in Naples , which is my dads home city. 

The weather and the beaches is what Ben and I were most excited for, and we were not disappointed !! The weather was nothing short of 35 degrees, 52degrees with humidity on the hottest day we were there. 

We tried every cappuccino we could get our hands on, and devoured a copious amount if gelato! Naples is a city that is full of people, and a slim amount of tourists except at the ports. Not a lot of people speak English, only my aunt. This however tested me in many ways. I studied Italian for many years, but never spoke it fluently. The challenge was tough at first, but I learned quite quickly. Love the language, it is absolutely beautiful. 

The first beach we went to is called Formia. Just thirty minutes from the town Terracina - which is my moms home town. The sand was scalding hot from the sun, the water a darker green than blue, and soooo salty! Needless to say we finally got our tan on we're extremely excited to fulfil our passion of being "beach bums". You can say we are conoseurs of sorts. 

We also got the opportunity to drive along the Amalfi coast, hit a rocky beach with beautiful blue water and many waves! I fell INLOVE with this coast. In the same day, we hit a beach in Positano which Is a smaller town on the Amalfi coast. This too was beautiful, a bit lighter sand color than in Formia and still blue water. A port filled with boats, and more tourists, but so worth the drive/ bus ride. You must try limoncello here! An italian lemon liquor. Amalfi is famous for its limoncello. 

We also visited the island of Ischia. Bigger in size than Capri, more European tourists on this island, this is probably because Capri is more known to non European travellers, therefore more of a touristy attraction. In Ischia we didn't tour the island, instead we headed straight for the beach! A bit rockier than the last couple of places we hit, but probably the most beautiful coast line we got to see this far!! We found a beach titled, "inglese", not sure why Haha, but it was amazing! Small! No more than 75 people where we were. We purchased some beach chairs and umbrellas on the private beach side with my relatives, and enjoyed a full day in the sun! :) Ben and I rented a paddle boat so we could go out as far as was allowed to take in the hillside. No words can put in to description how serene it was. 

Pompeii is a must see!! 

No comments: